Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Your Heart is an Organ

 


                                                               Your Heart is an Organ

If you know my story, you know that I had a pretty terrible father.  From my earliest memory, all I knew was a man who beat up on my mother, was negligent to the family, and weird with us kids.  He was a dangerous man and because of the trauma he put our family through, I was an incredibly scared and insecure child.  When I use the word 'insecure' here I mean that we had NO SECURITY.  My father was in and out of our lives so often that abandonment was a normal, if terrifying, feeling.  It was easier not having him around even if it meant we had nothing to eat or were cold in the tiny, uninsulated Vermont camp he had dragged us to.  The police took him away when I was 7 ish and I didn't have to see him any more.

My mom did her best and we soon moved to an apartment above a store in a small village.  One day I received a large box in the mail.  I should let you know here that I did not know who Jesus was.  He was not taught or shown to me by anyone, ever.  I knew of God (Catholic school) but it was not a very deep or detailed knowledge.  Back to my package!  When opened, I discovered it was a child's organ!  I mean the  instrument kind!  It had legs and a little bench.  The card said, 'from your father.'  Well, I was excited to have anything to play with, so I learned to play that organ as if it were the only toy I had, (which isn't far from the truth!)  

The organ came with one little book.  The book was purple and it was composed of only hymns.  I had no idea what they meant, but I played and sang songs like, "Faith of our Fathers, Amazing Grace, What a Friend I Have in Jesus," etc.  I sang and played and played and sang!  

I have recently thought a lot about this organ.  I am beginning to think this was a miracle in my life.  I am inclined to believe this gift was from my Father in Heaven and not my earthly father.  I wonder if God was looking down at me and thought, "I am going to save this little girl somehow, and if no one else will do it, I'll do it myself."  

In pondering this whole story, I also began to think about the double meaning in the word, 'organ.'  God sent me an Organ!  I mean, what could be more ironic and yet so fitting?  I am ever so thankful that these were the first seeds planted in my (organ) HEART and they were directed by my Lord himself.  How could I ever question my salvation or my purpose on this earth?  Clearly, I am SO LOVED by God.  

And you know what?  So are you, sister!  So are you!  

Take Good Care Today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment