Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, April 10, 2023

 I love mornings.  The song of birds fills my ears and the sunlight is fresh and warm.  Mornings are inviting and promising.  Mornings are free and ready to bloom. They hold excitement and joy.   Mornings can be my favorite part of my days.  

However, mornings can also be pretty tough.  Morning time can be when the serotonin levels are down in the body and that can serve to feel oppressive.  Perhaps you have experienced what I experience which is a time of anxiety and gloominess that takes positive self-talk and the moving of my body to work through it.  It takes energy and hard work to turn it around.  I would also add, mornings can be that low that Satan is just waiting for so he can get  'in'.  It's his favorite thing to do  -  hold you back.  He loves to torment.  Ephesians 4:27 says, "Do not give the devil a foothold."  We must hold the word of God up in the face of Satan, each and every day.  Ephesians 6:12 is what we must do daily, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."  

When we moved to a new state where we knew no one, I experienced a whole new level of this morning suffering.  It made me afraid that I was headed to a bad place where I wouldn't be able to rise out of.  There were times I wanted to sit and cry, and sometimes I did.  However, I used to use my own self to try hard to get out of these moments.  I now see that that does not work for long, if at all.  What I have to do, and what you have to do, is to read our Bibles and put on the Full Armor of God daily!  Ephesians 6:10-18 says:  10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Biblegateway.com, NIV).

I've always felt a little abused by emotions.  I have felt they have bullied me much of my life - pushing me to places I never wanted to go.  They've been the path that is worn and open as opposed to the one that I have to hack away at to see my way through.  Emotions are something I've come to know need my utmost attention in order to not let them rule.  But, it is not merely emotion...it is emotion fueled by Satan.  This is where he likes to get his foothold with me.  I must stand firm daily, creating a new day with Jesus Christ where no fiery barbs of the devil can even come close!

So, with me, won't you put on your armor, stand firm against Satan, look out to the sunshine, get some exercise and rest happily in the love of Jesus Christ?  It's the only way to go.  


Take good care today.


1 comment: