Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, January 19, 2015

Nurture Joy


Wherever you go and whomever you come in contact with; nurture joy.  Joy’s alternative is misery and sadness.  We do not want to be known for nurturing these.  We should desire joy and with that desire we help heal heartache and pain. 

Joy is achievable no matter what your life’s circumstance.  I used to believe that if I lost everything, I would crumble and die.  Years of experience have taught me that we are not our ‘home’ or our ‘belongings’.  We simply are not.  In fact, there is a freedom in owning nothing.  I am not suggesting that we pare down to five pairs of pants, two forks and one towel while living in a box car.   I LOVE my things and my home.  I enjoy owning them and I don’t mind working hard for them.  But if I lost them all tomorrow, I would rise like the Phoenix, out of the ashes and go on to live again and be joyful again. (Of course, I'd wallow in misery for awhile; my best friends would love me through it;  hubby would hold my hand; time would pass and WALLAH~!  JOY!)

I don’t want to lose everything and my heart goes out to those who have.  What a hard trial to go through if it happens.  I send warm prayers out right now that none of you reading this ever has to go through this…but if it happens…you will be fine and able to find joy again. 

They say everyone has a set ‘happiness’ point.  No matter what you go through in life, you are able to stay at a certain point of happiness.  You may veer on either side of the  point a little, but you will always return to about the same place.  I want to disagree with this a little.  YOU CAN CHOOSE TO NURTURE JOY in yourself and in others.  Why?  Because you can do anything.  You can raise that set point  of joy within yourself.  I know because I have. 

My daughter used to tell me that when I met an acquaintance in the grocery store (or anywhere) I would smile kindly and sweetly.  However, she would go on to say that I would keep smiling this dorky smile through my whole shopping trip!  With nothing to smile about other than olives and macaroni!  I was unconscious that I was doing this seemingly dimwitted thing. I think I am lifted in spirit when I see someone I know and we chat.  It fills me with joy...so I smile. (and smile and smile and smile).   I know I do this, I have caught myself doing it.  You know what?  I am glad I do it.  I want to nurture joy everywhere I go.  I know I fail sometimes, but more and more, every day, I am able to do so consistently and from the heart. 

Nurture joy today friend.  

1 comment:

  1. There are times when something will tickle my fancy and I will go on for hours in the glow of that joy. I may not have a conspicuous smile on my face but I'm sure it is felt in all my interactions that follow!

    ReplyDelete