Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, January 29, 2015

Let Some Things Go

No, let's not sing that popular song, “Let it Go.” (You now are singing it, aren't you?) I know we are all sick of it, but the message is truly timeless. Just 'let it go.' Whatever is it, whether it is old or new—let it go. Easily said, not so easily done. And....if you are anything like me....you may let it go, but you pick that DANG thing back up again. I really STRUGGLE with letting something go and leaving it there.

Little things sometimes urk the heck out of me. Someone says something that is hurtful and unnecessary and I can't seem to let it go. I do all the right self-talk, I get encouragement and affirmation from a friend, I do all the proper mental exercises...and then I just don't let it go. Few things are worth putting yourself through mental anguish (and yet I do it). Any mistake you make can be fixed. I used to tell my children that there isn't anything they can do (aside from murder) that can't be fixed. When Ellen was a little girl and colored outside the lines, I would tell her to make a heart or a flower at that spot to smooth over the rough area. How telling that is of my personality!? Why take in things that we know are going to bother us? Why listen to others as if they are telling you truths when you know they have no way of knowing? Let them all go. Listen to your own heart. Not many people are gifted with the ability to see inside your soul, know your true heart and intentions and then adequately verbalize these to you. In fact, I am not sure anyone is. So, if something happens that hurts your heart, makes you upset or attempts to ruin your perfect little day: Let It Go.

And leave it there. This takes practice. It might help if you write it down and then throw the paper in the trash. Any kind of physical representation of that act may help. I mean, you could write it down, twirl three times chanting around it and then chew it up, spit it out and flush it down the toilet...whatever works for you. Do not put so much pressure on yourself to be perfect or heed every person's thoughts about your life. Listen with nonjudgment, add a reasonable value to what is said to you and then choose to use or choose to throw away. The choice is yours. If you can't use it to your benefit....by all means......Let It Go.


Take Good Care Today.

1 comment:

  1. I think ritual, like writing something down on a piece of paper and then burning the paper can be very powerful.

    ReplyDelete