Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, January 12, 2015

Use it or Lose it!

The TV commercial says, “a body in motion stays in motion.” This is actually true. It was Salem, Massachusetts, 2013, June. We toured the town on foot for so many hours that we literally couldn't get up after lying down for an hour at the Inn. We had to PUSH ourselves to go out to dinner and a movie!

Sometimes ladies, we need a little PUSH. I love to sit on the couch and play Bejeweled for hours on end. I dream of the couch. If I am ever having a less-than-optimal day, I think of the couch and how I can't wait to sit on it. I love looking around my beautifully-decorated home; I enjoy peering out the window at my flower gardens. Hubby often waits on me (so nice!) just so I don't have to get up off the couch! But, clearly I do get up. I wouldn't have the beautifully-decorated home (it is to me!), or the flowers in the garden outside my window if I never got up. I wouldn't have a life! We all need a life and a good one at that. Sometimes we have to PUSH to get the hard things done so we can sit on the couch and reap the rewards.

No one loves every part of their lives. We don't all enjoy work. We don't all get a kick out of putting in a garden or painting a wall. I don't LOVE running. I enjoy the benefits of it. I often have to PUSH myself to do the things that I need to do in order to have a great life. Yes, part of that terrific life is sitting on the couch. But, that is down time...we'll talk about down time at another point. This is about UP time. PUSH UP time. Accomplish what needs to be done. It is good for you. What an amazing feeling to know that you have done the necessary and can now sit with that happy knowledge.

Sometimes we have to PUSH ourselves to exercise. Today I hiked up a mountain and ran down. As I was running down I thought about how amazing it felt. Now I am on the couch and feel even better about sitting here writing to you because my body is in great health and my mind has followed it. It was good for me (and Fae the Rottweiler). Yes, I had to PUSH myself some because it was only 15 degrees out. However, I know I needed it.

Here are some ways to PUSH yourself throughout the day:

run up the stairs
take stairs two at a time
stretch while cooking
stop and do 10 sit ups during every commercial
park farther away from store entrances
reach higher
Move more any way you can!



May you move more today. PUSH yourself to do it. Walk a little farther, stretch and reach, run up and down stairs. Just move your body. It is so good for you. A body in motion does stay in motion. You need this body to take you the rest of your life. Care for it and give it what it needs. A healthy body does equal a healthier mind and soul.


Happy PUSHING. Take good care today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment