Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, February 6, 2015

Be Careful What You Tell Yourself


Some of us struggle with anxiety. This world is full of pressures that pull at our insides. Every day bills come in the mail that demand our hard-earned money. The garage door breaks; there is a smell from the sink; the dog tracks in some unknown substance (in the middle of the winter?) and the other dog is chronically ill. This is all on top of the normal demands of every day life such as working, performing house chores, attending required outings, and shopping, to name a few. It can be too much. It can be overwhelming.


That very word...overwhelming, is my go-to word and it is a DANGEROUS word for me. If I start to tell myself I am overwhelmed – I am! If I tell myself I can't handle all of this....I get more overwhelmed and start spinning inside my mind. My heart begins to race; I drink shake-inducing amounts of coffee, and run from task to task. I am that kind of person who finds it hard to NOT complete something. On top of this.... I have to complete it with pizzazz and amazingness! I can't go half-way. Even as I write this I begin to get overwhelmed because in the back of my mind I am seeing the list of things I have to accomplish.


But!!!! If I calm down, write out the items that need attending to-- I sense some relief. Often, going outside and getting some fresh air helps. Have you ever climbed a mountain and looked out over the horizon and suddenly felt that your life is small and somewhat easy?  You were filled with a peace and you just knew all will be well? There is something mollifying about looking out at the vast hugeness of the universe that assuages fear and anxiety. I read a young adult novel once that spoke of two things that mystify man: fire and running water. But I would add that looking out at the universe is also medicinal and beneficial. Perspective is what you are gaining. Those chores or demands on your life suddenly seem small and insignificant when you gain some perspective. You may be able to drop some of them off your list. You may be able to rethink some demands and work smarter--not longer. You begin to realize that money is not YOU. It is a thing. Keep them separate. Rise out of the blurring and blinding mess of everyday demands on you and breathe! You are an entity that thrives on this earth. Gravity is all that holds you down. You are given a few years to exist and then who knows? So, dear one.....Breathe. Breathe.


Breathing is a gift and will reduce your anxiety. Love today the best you can.

Take Good Care Today.  

1 comment: