Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Love of a Good Spouse



The word 'spouse' comes from the Latin 'espouse' which means to adopt, support or marry. Synonyms for this word are: partner, mate, consort. If you have a spouse, I hope yours supports you and is a true partner and mate. I hope he or she is one with whom you have a great time consorting. If you do have this, there are few greater blessings on this earth.

I am blessed with an amazing spouse. Some of the qualities that I am thankful he possesses are: he's supportive, he's caring, he is doting, he admires me, he wants my happiness, he finds joy in me. These are must-haves when considering a love for life.

I would not presume to think that everyone needs the same kind of partner in life. However, I must say I do cling to a few 'old fashioned'- if you will-ideas of what a spouse should be like. If the person who is offering you their affection, and desiring yours in return, does not 100% want to be with you almost all the time...they may not be a good choice. If they find little things wrong with you and choose to point them out to you, I'd look elsewhere. People are not perfect, by any means, but it is truly important that the one you live the closest to adores you beyond a shadow of a doubt and would never consider doing one thing that might bring you harm. This person, your other half, must be enthralled by your existence and need you to survive. I am not wearing rose-colored glasses when I write these words. True love cannot be tamed. It is passionate. Not at every second and it is a different kind of passion at different stages.

True love need not be right, only compatible. Lord knows each of us loves to be right, but to keep the peace, it is kind to be quiet. There are times we must support each other over the same struggles for years on end. There are times we don't want to have patience with our spouses, but we must. There are times when we have to lift each other up because one has fallen and can't do it on their own.

The love of a good spouse is hard to find, but if you open your heart to love I believe you can make love. Love is created. It grows like a live being. It puts roots down in hearts and blooms in fragrances that sweeten the lives of those who possess it.

Two beings that desire and put love above all else, find it waiting to be molded, like clay, to fit.


Take Good Care Today.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you say that "true love" is something we create. A successful partnership or relationship assumes that we play an active part and that it does not just happen to us. A loving relationship is something we consciously participate in and then we feel blessed when we receive the love.

    ReplyDelete