Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Live Your Truth


I worked for a woman once (5 years) who stole my truth from me. She used aggression and scare tactics to put the fear of God into me so that I was practically paralyzed at work. I was afraid of my shadow and anxiety ruled my days. Sadly, this came after a marriage that did very much the same thing to me. I became someone who could not fearlessly live her own truth.

If you know yourself, you know what your truths are. You have to live by them! You simply cannot let another person affect you so deeply that they take away your truths. I could not continue in my profession if someone told me I couldn't be creative and weird. If someone told me I couldn't parade around the classroom with a fake banana on a stick, I would shrivel up. If they passed a law that I couldn't sing passages of books to kids, or wear a crown all day or a blue star on my forehead-- I would have to say, “Thank you very, very much for the opportunity, but I am a HUMAN woman and I have to be a HUMAN woman because I can't do NONHUMAN, so here's your job back.” Then I would go twirl around three times and walk in whatever direction I landed in...toward my truth.

We know our truths. They are part of us. Our truths are what we need to occupy our time. Our truths lie inside of what we steal from a passage of a book, like when I read Ray Bradbury's line, “I did not know I would surprise myself.” Our truths are when we cry over something that no one else cares about. Our truths are our essence. They guide us with a compass that instead of north, south, east or west, reads heart, soul, spirit, essence.

My dear friend, the world is blessed to have you in it. Please, do not alter yourself for the WORLD. Offer yourself instead. YOU are what is needed. Wherever you have been planted, BLOOM. Unearth the stable ground you stand on by laying claim to all that you are! Shake MANKIND up. We need you. Only you can fill your shoes.



Live your truth. If you care, here are some of mine:
I must be silly a lot.
I love to wear what makes me feel beautiful.
I love people of all ages, especially children and the elderly.
I have to physically touch people. I do this for them so they know they are okay and loved and I do it for me because I can't stand people not knowing they are okay and loved.
I need to smile.
I need to read books that help me understand life.
I need beautiful things around me.
I need a breathing (often snoring) animal in my life at all times.
I have to break the rules whenever I can because I can and I don't appreciate rules because they confine me and put me in a box and I hate boxes so much.
I love to push my body hard.
I love to push my mind hard.
I really like staying home and finding joy in teeny little things that no one notices.
I love twirling, swinging and goofing off.
I never want to grow up.
Few situations intimidate me because I love people so much and I find it a challenge to love the unlovable.



Take Good Care Today.   

2 comments:

  1. I've loved reading all of your posts each day but I really love this one. Living our truth is so important. It's easy to get scared and avoid what our truths are so I find I need to be intentional about living mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too loved reading today's post. I believe we all know ourselves well enough to know what is necessary in order for us to live not just survive!

    ReplyDelete