Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, February 23, 2015

When Life Gives You Lemons


We've all been given a few lemons. Sometimes we've been given better fruit (plums?) and we ended up with lemons by our own doing. Other times we've just plain started with a lemon and it stayed a lemon. Any way you look at it...lemons are a symbol for something we have no desire to have. Some of our lemons are people with whom we don't get along. Some of us have a lemon of a job. Others of us were given a lemon in the shape of a disease or a disability. Whatever the lemon, we must find a way to make the best of it.


It is said we all have a set happiness point. That means that we have a certain measure of happiness and that no matter what happens in life we settle back up or down to that same happiness point.  If we were to win the lottery we'd be elated for awhile, but eventually, our happiness set-point would be right back at the same place it was before the lottery. Similarly, if we were suddenly incapacitated and wheel-chair bound, we would be depressed for a certain time and then we would eventually return to that general happiness we once beheld.


I tend to agree with this to an extent. If I close my eyes and envision winning the lottery, I can see a time when it would normalize into 'my life' again and be ho hum and every day soon enough. Comparitively, if I envision myself wheel-chair bound, I know it would be difficult, but once enough time had passed, I could see myself thriving just as I do now, just under different terms.


On the other hand, I don't totally agree with the happiness theory because I do know that I grow happier all the time and my happiness increases as I age. Therefore, I conclude that with age comes widsom and with wisdom comes more contentedness. There surely are aspects of my life that I control which increase my happiness level. If I stay in shape, eat well and keep rested, I thrive and joy abounds. If not, I'm in the toilet in a flash.


Where were we? Lemons. Ah yes. Lemons. We will all be thrown a few lemons. I am not sure I have always been capable of turning them into lemonade. But, I do think they can be be admired for their yellow-sunshiny orbiness and then reused and repurposed. Incidentally, the uses of lemons are limitless. If you Google 'uses of lemons,' here are a few ideas you will get:


Refresh your cutting boards
Help with respiratory problems
Prevent kidney stones
Keep insects out of kitchen
Treat Arthritis and Rheumatism
Freshen refrigerators
Treat high blood pressure
Keep cauliflower from turning brown
Spritz up your water


You get my point. Lemons are lemons but we are smart women. We can do anything! So, if life hands you a lemon or two....you know what to do! Face and Embrace!


Take Good Care Today!





No comments:

Post a Comment