Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, February 27, 2015

Get Your Mojo Back!

Long dark hours, overwork, illness, or something of these sorts can get into your insides and mess up your mojo. Mojo Mess-Up is insideous. We don't realize it is happening until we are in the full throes of MMU. In hindsight, MMU can be identified. Each time we enter a phase of MMU, we learn from it and promise ourselves we won't let it happen again. Until....alas, it creeps its way behind our backs...

If you have suffered from this lopsided living you know to what I am referring. I recently had a cold which turned into a nasty, dry cough. I knew I was ill but continued to go to work and drag myself down all the more, despite having paid work-days available to me. I kept telling myself I wasn't that bad and I knew I had a vacation coming. I pushed beyond what my poor body could handle and oooppppss! There goes my Mojo!

I have spent numerous holidays and vacations over the years in bed with illnesses. There was one Christmas I laid on the couch with the stomach bug. Last April, the flu. The February before that, another virus. I seem to have a will to hang on until a scheduled break happens. The sad part is that scheduled break was meant for me to enjoy and get out into the world, or reconnect with home if I so choose. However, as you can guess, this doesn't happen because I spend the breaks in bed. This time Bronchitis.

You would think I was hypocritical if you read me consistently because I am always on my soapbox spouting off about resting and rejuvenation. I will go on and on about how a woman needs to stay balanced and steady...

...Then PLOP! There I go right off the deep end into illness myself. This angers me and frustrates me. I don't seem to learn.

But, then again, I do. I learn that I can't control the universe. I learn that I am a dedicated worker who sometimes makes the wrong choices. I learn that I shouldn't have thought I wasn't replaceable for at least a day or two at work. I learn I need to listen more closely to myself and examine my health. For me, if I have to ask myself, 'Are you sick?' I usually am. If it doesn't occur to me to even ask, I am in perfect health and am ready for the world.

If you get off kilter and your Mojo goes on walk-about, grab it by the scruff of the neck and pull it back into your bosom.  Let nothing take it from you.  Protect the Mojo!

Mojo. Where are you? Oh there you are...in the sunlight that streams through the windows of my warm home on a bright winter day. There you are under the apple tree with the bees in summer. There you are in my pillow, across my eyelids, along the dirt road, inside my heart and shining off the sparkle of my earring. I knew you were there all along.

Try not to suffer from MMU.

Take Good Care Today.

1 comment: