Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, February 20, 2015

Comfort


Comfort is a good thing. Some find comfort in their pets. Others find comfort in food or drink. Still another might get their comfort from an object. Wherever you get your comfort, you should make sure it is life-affirming and regenerating.

I adore my bed. The big fluffy comforter and fluffy pillows are so welcoming. I love the puffy decorative pillows and the soft cover blanket. The lighting in my bedroom casts a gentle and calming glow across the inviting surface of my bed. When making my bed in the morning I dream of when I can get back in the supple covers again that night. I know that whatever I go through during the day that lies before me...I will be able to end my day by crawling back in the dreamy softness that night.

There are often high anxiety times in our lives and it is so helpful to a woman to know that no matter what she has to face every day, she can come home to a delightful atmosphere that assuages and nurtures her inner self. Try to take a few steps toward making your comfort spot more inviting if you feel it is lacking. Here are some ideas:



~Make a spot in your home with a comfy chair, a big, warm and soft blanket, a table for books and devices and a pretty lamp.
~Change the light bulbs in your spot so that they are subdued
~Fluff up pillows, add more pillows, recover old pillows
~Place comforters on top of comforters....there are no rules
~Add fresh cut flowers; force a bulb
~Make sure you can put your feet up
~Put some mani and pedi tools in a basket next to your spot
~Make sure you have your favorite items around you: knitting, books, Kindle, ipad, magazines


Whatever you do on this day or wherever you go...you have this spot in the back of your mind and you know you will be able to return to the comfort of your spot. You can unfold and melt into it with warm tea and a cookie. Life is busy, loud and harsh at times. Do not forget to comfort yourself so that you are fully able to give another day just as much as you give today. Rejuvenate yourself; mollify yourself; care for yourself. Make comfort for yourself.

Take Good Care Today.


No comments:

Post a Comment