Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, February 12, 2015

Bosom Buddies


"A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know--a really
kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul. I've
dreamed of meeting her all my life. I never really supposed
I would, but so many of my loveliest dreams have come true
all at once that perhaps this one will, too. Do you think
it's possible?"
-L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)


You know when you meet someone and you just connect immediately? Then as you get to know each other the deepness turns into something longer lasting and it is as if the two of you were meant to meet and be friends? That is what I call a Bosom Buddy. A friend at first and then a friend forever. The relationship is easy, you laugh a lot and you know exactly what the person is saying, you 'GET' each other.

I am a gregarious person which has helped me bond with lots of people. I have a good deal of Bosom Buddies. Some are the closest of the close and others are in and out of my life. But, whenever I speak with a Bosom Buddy, there is no time lost and we are right there in the thickness of friendship again. It is a blessing.

My life would be dry and lonely without my Bosom Buddies. Some are work buddies who non-judgmentally love me and accept me. Some are personal BB's who have held me while I shook crying or transported me to the doctors when I was too ill to drive. There are those I meet up with to exercise, drive to meetings together....or am related to! I've had some that were my teachers and others my students!

My most recent Bosom Buddy discovery was while having my hair done. I noticed my hair dresser had a rose candle on her table. I mentioned how much I love the scent and she shared how her devotion to the smell came from a childhood memory of sitting on the bathtub watching her mom put on her white nurse's uniform and then lather her body rose lotion.I shared with her that my affinity of the scent came similarly from the Avon soaps my favorite Auntie Luci had on the back of her toilet in a little dish. The beautiful scent stayed with me throughout my childhood and still brings memories of her...even after her passing from this earth. I was thrilled that my hair dresser and I made this connection and it impressed upon my heart a new little Bosom Buddy stamp.

My life has been greatly enriched by the presence of my Bosom Buddies! What kind of life would you have had thus far without them? Make sure you acknowledge these folks in your life and let them know that you have appreciated them and needed them over the years.

Take Good Care Today.





1 comment:

  1. This kind of friend I consider as important as food and shelter.

    ReplyDelete