Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Best Laid Plans


Steinbeck had it right when he said, “The best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray.” But!!!! That doesn't mean we should not plan. We should plan with flexibility as an option. Here's what I mean: if you are a person who has the best intentions of taking care of herself, yet feels like she fails so often at it, be advised you just haven't PLANNED well. Now, I know what Steinbeck says is true and I can bring to mind so many times I planned to the 'T' and had things all fall apart...BUT!!! The better the plan, the higher chance for a good outcome.

Now, I don't mean to take all spontaneity out of your lives. I don't mean this. Life should hold elements of spur-of-the-momentness. There is joy here. However, if your lack of planning is taking you through the drive-thru of fast-food restuarants or the candy machine at work a little too often, it is now high time to plan. Similarly, if your lack of planning has resulted in no time to go for a walk, do some situps or snow-shoe on a Saturday morning, you many want to rethink a few things. Here are a few ideas for you:

Chop all veggies up when you bring them home so that they are readily available to grab and go.

Boil a couple of eggs to take to work for a mid-morning snack.

Make a big pot of brothy soup for quick and easy, yet very filling, dinners.

Lay your clothing out the night before work and spend the extra time in the morning doing situps and pushups.

Lay your exercise clothes and shoes out before work so when you get home you just put them on and go outside. (This is my favorite because then I NEVER have that conversation with myself....'should I go, is it too cold, blah blah blah') (In fact...I don't allow that conversation to take place. If the clothes are out...I go.)

Ladies, there is nothing wrong with a plan. Planning is good. Planning helps us to accomplish things in life. Don't over plan yourself into a corner, but plan a little for yourself so you reap the benefits. There are benefits to reap! No one can tell you what it feels like to take good care of yourself. No one. You are the only one who can do it for yourself and you will know after about 3 days of sticking to a good plan how wonderful it is.

Yes, the best laid plans do sometimes go awry. But, with no plan at all nothing is ever achieved.
Suggestion: Buy a beautiful (or MAKE) notebook and write some plans for a better life today. Not just eating well and exercising...but for WHATEVER dream you've ever dreamt.

Take good care today.




No comments:

Post a Comment