Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, January 21, 2015

We're All the Same

It can be easy to feel intimidated by others. Whether they are coworkers or people who hold titles that are in leadership over us, we sometimes feel insecure. If you ever get a twinkling of a feeling that someone is 'better' than you, I tell you this: DO NOT GO THERE. No one is better than anyone else.
We all walk through this life. Some of us struggle more than others. Some people have more possessions, education, abilities, talents—but we are all the same. Inside of our hearts that beat blood through our bodies we all possess potential and are worth the value of a human life. You are just as good as any one else and no one can ever claim to be better than another. (Well, they can claim it...but it is unsubstantiated.)
Don't let anyone ever put themselves over you. Insecure people will try to get their security by putting others down and making fun of others. This is a cheap way to feel good about yourself. It is also futile. In fact, it works in reverse. Do people ever really 'feel' better about themselves after putting another person down or making fun of them? No. I say not. If someone puts you down, it is important to remember that their insults are about them and them alone. They have nothing to do with you and you should not accept them. Place a shield around yourself and do not let hurtful comments in because they are entirely and 100% not about you.
Also, don't let yourself be pulled into a group of others that get their kicks from putting others down. It is not a true friendship and will turn on you the minute you leave the room. Besides, it is low and unenlightened.
Whenever I am around people who intimidate me, I try all the harder to bring a calm reality to the situation. I act just as if I would if I were with my closest friends. I smile and realize that these folks are just like me and there is no reason for me to be afraid. I remain professional when I have to be, but I keep in my mind that there is no need to fear. I know my abilities and talents will carry me and I need not fear that I am not enough. I have confidence in myself.
Remember, if you are in a situation today that brings on fear or intimidation, smile at those around and let them know that you know we are all the same inside. It will probably put them at ease as well.



Take Good Care Today.


1 comment: