Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, January 23, 2015

Claim it and Name it

Stand up and take a bow. Pat yourself on the back. Curtsy. Buy yourself flowers. Why? Because you have achievements that need to be acknowledged and celebrated! You know you have. You haven't made it this far in life without having accomplished a few amazing things. Did you acknowledge these attainments or did they go unnoticed by the world? If no one celebrated with you over your acquirement, please, please, please, take the time to make a big deal about them now.

There is no reason why you can't toot your own horn. Why shouldn't you take good care of yourself by making sure you are properly honored? Go back 10 years if you have to –20 or 30—why not? Did you get a college degree that went without a party? A new job that went without a celebratory dinner? A birthday came and went and no one noticed? Go ahead and party! I give you permission. (Though you don't need it). Make a plan and make sure you are properly recognized for those special achievements.

Here are some ideas:

Write yourself a love letter
Send yourself flowers
Buy a new outfit
Send yourself a Congratulatory card
Host a party in your honor
Take yourself to dinner, lunch, brunch (or all)
Make a HUGE banner exclaiming how great you are.

It is so very important to care for yourself this way. We can't always count on others to bless us with a special treat when we've done some amazing feat. However, what we can do is make sure we do so for ourselves. Life is WAY TOO short to let one little thing go under-valued. Praise yourself and PARTY. You so deserve it.



Take Good Care Today.


No comments:

Post a Comment