Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, January 9, 2015

The Salad Days

My salad days, when I was green in judgment, cold in blood, to say as I said then!” -Shakespeare (Anthony and Cleopatra)

I just love that quote! We all think back to days when we were younger and more innocent! But, I am not going to get into that this lovely day! I am, yes, going to talk about salad. I have been known for my amazing GREEN SALADS! I am going to share a secret with you. I am weird about food. I don't mind putting everything and anything in my salads. I may plop a hunk of guacamole or hummus in my salads. I have crumbled crackers on my salads. Hubby and I make homemade croutons for our salads. There are just so many amazing ways to spruce up a salad. Green salad can be a beautiful creation.

So here are some ideas:

~start with lots of mescalin greens (and don't rule out head lettuce, it has some nutritional      value, can be less expensive and delicious as well.)
~add any raw veggie you have in your fridge (what about buying bags that are already cut for   you? More expensive, yes, but easier and if it makes you eat more veggies...do it and stop    worrying about 50 cents. Save the money somewhere else.)
~boiled, chopped egg
~nice smokey cheeses
~olives, pickles...any variety
~raisins, any dried fruits
~nuts and seeds
~chicken, ham, turkey (left over chicken nuggets...you getting the idea)
~sliced fresh fruit or drained canned fruit
~frozen peas
~etc.........................................

You get the idea? Oh yeah, then plop a little guac or hummus or cottage cheese in the middle in lieu of salad dressing and you are good to go.


*Sparkling idea~ if you hate light dressings, (or even if you like them), cut regular dressings with water. They don't spread well when they are thick and you get more flavor for less calories. Just put a teaspoon of thick, regular dressing in a little dish and add water, stir and pour.


This kind of crazy and hearty salad is a MEAL in itself. You don't need to do any other cooking. It will fill you up and serve you well on the scale. One nice plate and your belly will be happy.

Chop. Chop. Take good care today.





1 comment:

  1. I love it! As for the expense of salad fixins or any raw veggies... they are mostly cheaper , per pound than Doritos. I've checked.

    ReplyDelete