Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Sunday, January 11, 2015

Mirror Friend


Want to do something really weird today? Stand in front of a mirror and stare really hard at yourself. Stare so hard that you kind of freak yourself out and don't really feel like yourself anymore but just someone you are looking at. It can be a very odd sensation. It also is a healthy thing to do. We look at ourselves with such critical eyes that we judge ourselves with the most unharnessed, high expectations. 

 I know I have done this. All my life I've looked in the mirror and seen flaws instead of beauty. I have some idea of why this is, but I don't want this blog to be about my problems. (Suffice it to say that we take things in sometimes that we shouldn't when we are weak and unknowledgeable.) Back to the mirror! Try to look at yourself as if you were someone else. Who is that woman? Walk to and fro, watch the woman. Do you see her differently now that she isn't you? I bet you do.


Others are not looking at us with the eyes of a critic. I remember Dr. Phil saying once on his show that his father always said people aren't thinking about you nearly as much as you think they are. You know why? Because they are thinking about themselves wondering what you are thinking about them! We all think others are judging us and 9 times out of 10 they don't even consider us. We just aren't that important.


If, in fact, someone does judge you, it isn't about you anyway. It is about them. No one can judge you because no one really knows you. Only you can judge yourself and to be honest, we aren't impartial either.


The woman in the mirror is a woman. She has lived through much. She has worked hard for things. She is doing her best. Thank her as if she were not you. Smile at her. Look at her with eyes that are kinder today. Respect her a little more.  You'll be happier for doing so.


Take good care today.



No comments:

Post a Comment