Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, January 5, 2015

You Can Get Excited


Frigid temperatures, darkness and sleepy eyes. These are not the kinds of thoughts that get me excited. If you are like me, you often can't draw on what is available in your immediate vacinity to get you going. This is why I project excitement. Here is how you do it: When you are in the middle of something that is unavoidable (getting ready for work, per se) and you are not having a great time...project into your mind images of a part of your day you are looking forward to. Sometimes it is not until 5 p.m but at least it is something to focus on so that you can get the excitement and energy to do what you need to do now. For me, in the dark, cold, sleepy morning, I think about the brightness of the snow once the daylight comes. That bright white energizes me and I am able to get bouncing! Students ask me a lot how I can always be happy and upbeat. Well, first of all, I am not. But I do notice that the older I get, the wiser I get, the happier I am inside. Part of this inner joy has come from knowing myself well and knowing what I need to do to get me to a place where I can function happily with a spring in my step.

So, today, I ask you to project some happiness into yourself. This will come with your mind, but it will also come with what you put into your body. Put good things into your body today. It's the perfect day to do so! No one needs to tell you what to eat, how much water to drink, or when to exercise. You are a big girl, you know these things. Do yourself a favor and get excited to live today! It is fun! There is nothing you can't bring fun into! (I like to play with the library stuffed animals while we have staff meetings. I do wonder if people think I'm nuts, but what is the harm in a little lightness when things are so serious? It helps me get through meetings. I still add intelligent comments and thoughtful responses while actively participating, but life needs sweetness and joy!) So it is with our minds and bodies...project joy inside yourself and the joy will come out and serve you well.


Take good care today.    

2 comments:

  1. Today I am happy to be wearing a new fuzzy vest that makes me look like a cave woman. I also love my counselor and I get to see her today. Two things that help put a spring in my step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On this day I will start taking better care of my physical self.

    ReplyDelete