Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, January 22, 2015

Life's Essence: True Love

It was three degrees below zero. The sun shone brightly through the frosty windows. January was on its way out, but the cold would prove its presence. I sat in my living room, with little homemade curtains and the braided rug I'd gotten from my mom's home when she moved. At 22 years old, I had seen a few things, lived through some struggles, had a couple of achievements. But, this day was new and very, very different. This was the day that would set a new precedence for the rest of my life. This was the day I first held my new born, first born, child.

Can you feel it with me? Can you sense the little fingers and toes? I remember his little mouth shaped like a little O – as if in wOnder. His little eyes looked around the room brightly and expectantly. This was my baby. This was pure joy. This was TRUE LOVE.

There is no other love like this. None. The love you feel for a child you just birthed is one-of-a-kind. It is not for everyone to feel. Some don't want this feeling. Some aren't given this opportunity.  I surely didn't know what it would feel like before it happened. I was lucky enough to feel it twice in my life.

You know what? I still feel it. I am in that glowing place right now as I write this. I wanted the world to go away on that frigid January morning so that the I could keep the small little wonder all to myself and never let it go.

But, we can't do this. We can't hold other people down. We have to let them live. We must encourage them to grow. We must take our place in the audience of their lives and watch from a distance.

That child is 28 years old today and I am in utter and incredible awe of him. I don't know of a better young man. This is a man who served his country in war by putting his own life at risk. This is a man who calls his mother to tell her silly little things he's witnessed or heard. He is my favorite man. He always will be. I ENJOY him with the deepest love and respect a mother can have. Happy Birthday, sweetie...and happy remembering to me.

Who has your truest, truest love? Appreciate and enjoy them today.



Take Good Care Today.





2 comments:

  1. When your grown son or daughter calls you on the phone to share something that they think is funny or to tell you a joke, I think that is the greatest compliment that they can give you. What they're telling you is they "get you"and you "get them. What could be more wonderful than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet memory and to think I remember those days with you. I can see that room and Ben's little face and Karen seemed HUGE in comparison! Ben holds a special place in my heart. He always has. Happy Birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete