Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Turn Your Mood Around

I suppose there are those who aren't interested in what I am about to say. I know there are people who hate to see the eternal optimist come around the corner with her sappy smile and peppy step flailing an entourage of balloons and love notes...but here I come. Again, I can't help it. I am that person. My childhood was such that I was forced to either dwindle in the depths of despair, or look for happiness under every rock-hard problem. I chose to rise above. It really wasn't a choice. There was no one  to help me make happiness out of nothing; I just did it.

We won't get into all the struggles I had put upon me in childhood; suffice it to say that I learned early-on that if I wanted any joy, it would have to be self-generated. So, I became a joy-making machine. I learned to bake for people, write encouraging notes to others, and go the extra mile to make someone smile. It became evident to me that when I was down, a good way to distract myself was do something nice for someone else. This is a very, very helpful hint if you begin to enter into depression or self-pity. Get up and do for others.


You see, we CAN change our moods. If you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, do you want to spend the rest of the day grumpy? No. You don't. Life is too short to ruin even one day by giving in to misery. Bring joy back around. How? Change your mind, change your thoughts, change your mood. Tell yourself that enough is enough, you won't stand for a joyless day and put on the happy!


I began using this on myself at a very early age and I used it in rearing my two children. I still use it on myself. I am blessed to have a husband who will ask me to help him change his mood if he is not his best self. He tells me he needs me to cheer him up and cheer him on. That is so healthy. If you can't pull yourself up, by all means, call a friend. That is what friends are for.


Change your mood today if you have to. Remember, you CAN do it because it can be done. As Yoda says, “Do or do not, there is no try.” I say, “DO, there is no try.” You possess the ability to DO anything within yourself.


Take Good Care Today.

1 comment:

  1. Very touching to hear about how your husband asks to be cheered up. I love that he can do that!

    ReplyDelete