Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Your Wise Mind



The wise mind is that part of your brain that doesn't swim in emotional unheaval but gravitates toward calm, even-keeled thought processing. You have a wise mind. I have a wise mind. We all have wise minds. Do we use them? Not often enough. I am the biggest culprit of not entering into my wise mind often or quickly enough. Unfortunately, this has led to much hurt in my life and perhaps yours as well. I am here to tell you – use that wise mind.

If you are unfamiliar with your wise mind, let me remind you. Recently a person who doesn't know me well screamed my head off with insulting words and terribly painful accusations. I wish I could say that this 50 year old woman (me) smiled at the mean person and said, “Does this mean I won't be getting a Christmas present from you?” I wish I could say that this 50 year old woman (me) held my head up high and said, “You don't know me at all and I am sorry you feel this way.” I wish I could say this to you. I really do. However, I can't. What I can say is that I bawled like a child. Sobbed like a starving infant. I am telling you I cried like a wounded puppy. I WAS wounded. I allowed someone with no insight into my soul to affect me. (Can anyone have insight into our souls but us?) Then, to add insult to injury, I berated myself by agreeing with this awful human. (AND This went on for weeks).

Yup. That is what your dear author did. Let me just say, it wasn't pretty. Oh, where was my wise mind? It was there, but I didn't access it. I CAN access it. I HAVE accessed it. On occasion I have been so very wise that others would tip their wisdom caps at me. Not, however, on this occasion. That was so very long ago (2 months). Now, I know better. I jest, but I mean it. I DO know better now. Each time I don't access my wise mind, I learn. I learn more about myself, more of what not to do ever again, and more about the world around me and the humans who inhabit it.

Next time, because there will be one, I will go to my wise mind a little quicker. I'll probably still be upset, but maybe, just maybe not quite so long. I hope that I will use my wise mind sooner next time and allow myself to feel for just a moment but then enter right into intelligent thought processing. I know I have intelligent thought....:)

May you, on this day, exercise your wise mind and make intelligent, carefully thought-through decisions for your awesome self and its wholeness. May you find in that wise mind the strength to put your best self forward and live with joy, health and an inner glow. The world is full of mean people with evil intentions who take their hurting selves out on others. Don't let them do that. Protect yourself with your WISE MIND.


Take good care today.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for opening my eyes ! I haven't heard of a wise mind. I've used it and not even known it. I love thinking about it in the accessible way you describe. I will use this mindfully, starting today, ( I know I'm going to need it!) Thanks again, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder to unbury my Wise Mind, I think it has been dormant for a long time.

    ReplyDelete