Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Saturday, January 10, 2015

Know Yourself

Who are you anyway? Do you know? Do you spend time analyzing yourself? It is important to do so. We should know what we are about. We should know what we stand for.

Let’s talk about our physical selves for a moment. Do you know your physical self? Do you know what you should weigh? Are your muscles strong? Could you walk/run a mile? How many protein calories do you need in a day? The answers to these questions might benefit your life. The more you know about how your body works the better you can care for it.

I know that I am different from one of my best friends. She can eat a lot more than I can. If I ate what she eats, I’d be overweight. I also know that my body looks pretty much the same whether I run 5 miles a day or 3 miles two times a week. I know that I need to weigh myself at least once a week or I will gain 10 pounds and never notice. If I don't  get at least  8 hours of sleep for more than a couple nights in a row, I’ll be ill.

I have made it my job to learn about my body. Having done this for many years, I have gotten good at it. I feel great and I am pretty happy with my physical self at this amazing age I have come to. However, it takes work. I don’t mind the work because the benefits are awesome. If I didn’t take great care of myself, my health and fitness would suffer and I don’t want that.

How much work do you put into yourself? Have you neglected the most important person in the world, lovely you? If you don’t put yourself before anyone else, there will be no you to care for anyone else. I WANT to care for myself. Don’t you?

I know you do. So, start today. Do the simple things. Make a list of some improvements you can implement that are free and easy. Like this:


Drink more water
Go for a walk/run
Go to bed a half hour earlier
Eat better
Rise earlier
Journal
Call a friend
Rest more if needed
Find ways to laugh

And then do them! ;0


Take good care today.

No comments:

Post a Comment