Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Girl Friend Power

Girl friends are a treasure. One should have them on speed dial! I make girl friends easily. I love people and am outgoing. I seem to bond easily. Luckily there are people who like my style of person. (not everyone, trust me on this one) Some of my friends have closely walked through life with me (there have been times they have carried me) for literally 30 years or more. Other friends are newer to my life but have given so much to me through their wisdom and loving kindness. 

Everyone who knows me knows I adore my husband and more importantly to my dear friends- they know how much HE adores me! This means a lot to them. But, for as much as I love my husband—I need my gal pals. There are times I just look at him and say, “forget it, I'm calling Leann or Kathy.” He is useless to help me in some situations. I don't mean that to be harsh---but when I've gained 2 ounces and I'm having a fit about it—he is not going to have the patience or words to talk me off the cliff. I have to have a certain friend for that. If I want to scream because I can't find the humor in a situation, I know just who to call! There is a friend for every occasion! (Just Kidding). My point is that without my female, women friends, my life would be much harder and devoid of a lot of perspective and creativity. I bet you have a similar experience.

On the other hand, I am pretty sure I offer a whole lot to their lives as well. I hope I do, anyway. I have my gifts, too...and so do you. I know I am encouraging and supportive. I can offer sound advise in most any situation. I've dropped everything and run to a friend's house in the late evening when her husband suddenly left her. I've offered my home as a safe house when an abusive husband was on the prowl. Less dire, but just as necessary, I've walked in 10 degrees up a mountain and down the other side with my gal pals just to share our lives and get some exercise. Without my friends, I'd be little. Just little. Because of them, I am HUGE! And besides, everyone has to have someone with whom they share their poop stories!

I hope to bring a smile to your faces today and encourage you to call on that Girl Friend Power when you need it! Celebrate together! Cry together! Work together! Support one-another. LOVE each other. Smooth over tiny differences and enjoy the richness of true, long-lasting girl friendships.


Take Good Care Today!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Thank you for going out in search of my husband when I thought he was dead on top of a mountain. Here's to another 30 years.

    ReplyDelete