Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Practical Guide to Getting Things Done


If you struggle with the desire and the time to accomplish household chores, I have some tried and true tactics to help you. I often lack a long period of time or the drive to clean house, but I can't live in a messy, dirty home. Here's what I do:

If you chunk out chores and do them on a rotation basis, you are lessening the burden, spreading the work out and making the chores more palatable. When Saturday morning comes around, I pull out the vacuum cleaner and cleaning products. Then I get some coffee and watch the news. After about a half an hour, I get up and clean one thing. When I am done that one thing, I check emails and such and then I get up and do another chore. Sporadically, throughout the period of an hour or two, I manage to accomplish chores and some 'fun' tasks as well.

During the work week, I try very hard to keep up with chores by always putting items away after I use them, hanging clothes right back up after I wear them, etc. I try to do dishes as they get dirty, wash a window when I see a spot, throw a load of laundry in ...all on the fly. This seems to work well and then I have plenty of time for resting in between these little work events.

A long time ago I read about this little 'chunk the work' idea and it has served me very well. I use it at my 'real' job as well. I will make little 'piles' of work on my desk and attend to them as I go. One pile down-on to the next. 

 I also use lists to no end. If I did not use a list, I would be lost. I view lists as part of the chore, like the first step. I put the chore on the list and if I don't happen to get it done that day, it goes to the next day's list...right on the top. This way, I am not feeling defeated because I didn't accomplish it; I merely haven't completed it...YET. Very satisfying if you are a list person.

Life needs to be lived and enjoyed! However, I haven't figured out how to live life without taking care of those darn chores! I hope these ideas help you get the chores done and open up more free time for you!

Take Good Care Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment