Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, February 19, 2015

Protect Your Sacred


I like my immediate atmosphere to be serene and calm.

If you are anything like me, you can't face coming back to a messy home. If I leave dishes in the sink or an unmade bed, I am a little perturbed upon reentry. I've learned to mellow a bit about this over the years and I certainly think hormones often play with a woman's emotions...but that said...I much prefer an orderly and peaceful ambience.

I am extremely sensitive to color and noise. My favorite day is one spent in my home, but that home must exhibit the comfort and personality I need it to. For me, that is subdued earth-tones with a hint of old fashioned/french country/roaring 20's look...I don't know all the fancy decorator's terms...I need gentle lighting, flowy curtains, books, and neatness. I thrive in this setting.

I want joyful noises or no noises at all. I love bird song and have many cd's of this sort. There are times I can't stand a television and wish they weren't invented. (many times)

These ways of mine are my sacred. I developed them over the years as protection from the world and remedy for my heart. They have served to help me recuperate from pain. My surroundings are part of my joy and I get a great deal of pleasure from them. I would not do as well if I were not able to be in control of my immediate atmosphere.

However, we should be careful that we don't 'control' too much of ourselves in this respect. Life can become too restricted and one can fear leaving that protection one has created. It can be cumbersome to NEED a certain atmosphere in order to thrive. One wants to be able to do well no matter what the surroundings knowing full well that they are whole and capable no matter what is around them. We can put ourselves in a box and never want to venture out.

Yes, protect your sacred surroundings. Do not let another traipse on your special ways. They define you and help you in your everyday life. However, do not let your sacred overpower you and make you live a small life. Beware that humans have the tendency to crawl inside that safety and stay warm and cozy forever missing many adventures and joys.

Guard what you love, but be open to life!


Take Good Care Today!

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. I am one of those who considers my home sacred ground. Probably others looking from the outside think of me as a bit of a hermit. I would like to think that I can do well in any environment but knowing that I have my sacred ground to return to probably fortifies me in those instances.

    ReplyDelete