Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Don't Wait to Be Happy


When you ask an older person what their best advice is, you will often get answers that parallel the title of this piece. Many of us are perfectionists and are continually striving for that unattainable perceived perfection while simultaneously putting off fully living. I once cried in the bathroom instead of going out dancing with my husband. Why? I felt 128 pounds was fat and ugly. YUP. That's a truth right there. How stupid was that? Right up there on the stupid list.

First of all, everything is relative and if we don't put things into perspective we will live a skewed life and never reach full joy. In truth, if we are alive and upright, there should be very few reasons not to be happy. We live our lives so full of our own egos that we forget that we are not the center of the universe. We should be grateful for the very air we breathe for that is enough to warrant happiness. The size of our thighs has no bearing on our joy and if it does, shame on us. Joy should dwell in the center of our beings and not be subject to the whims of the world.

I know some women hate their thighs. I suppose I could agree that it can be reasonable to not be happy with a part of your body, I mean, who am I kidding? I am the one who cried over weighing 128 pounds! I wish I had never let myself begin to care about the outer shell...but I do and to be honest, I don't mind mine most of the time...if I remember to not be ridiculously focused on trying to reach unattainable, silly ideas of what the world thinks is perfect. But we must realize that it is all so shallow and silly to care about these things. After all, one's weight is simply the amount of gravitational pull that keeps one anchored to the Earth!* That is the REALITY.


When we begin to put off our happiness by dwelling on the unsubstantial and irrelevant we travel down a path that is very close to the black hole of surface living. I have seen many television shows that spotlight people who have surgery after surgery to perfect their bodies and this is not something I can comprehend. But, I would not begin to judge....so we'll move on. Can I just say that I would not put a knife to my body unless absolutely necessary? Okay, I'll shut up now.

All I really know is as we grow up inside ourselves (and this is continual) we should begin to let go of letting little things rob our joy. We are perfect beings already and anything else we desire is fleeting. Do not let another moment on this lovely Earth go by without readjusting your mindset and realizing that you already are perfect in this human form and everything else is inconsequential.




Take Good Care Today.   

*Thank you, Lisa Mitchell Page~

No comments:

Post a Comment