Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, March 2, 2015

Take a Front Row Seat!


Here's something weird that I do. Ever since I was a kid, when I attended an event, I sat in the front row. Now mind you, we were poor people and I don't believe there were a lot of events attended in my childhood. Perhaps this is why, as I grew up, I gravitated to the front row so as not to miss a moment of the adventure.

Thinking back, I am remembering church services, speeches, graduations, weddings, movies, talks, discussions...etc. -- all of which I prodded my way to the front to witness. Others may enjoy a seat in the back rows that allows for quick retreat if necessary. I have never been this type of person. I hunger for the front row.

This realization came to me this afternoon. I've literally always tried to sit in the front row of life. I have a hunger to push past the cheap seats (OH I wish I could afford the expensive seats) and sit as close to the edge of what is happening as possible.  I want to be INVOLVED with what is happening around me.  I want to soak up the nourishment that others have to give to me.  I want the knowledge, the wisdom, the tidbit...I want it all!

This is an interesting awareness to have come to me right smack in the middle of the day and I think I know why. It is to encourage you, dear reader, to push yourself to the front row and partake of what it has to offer. Don't miss anything you were meant to learn. Do not let one piece of vital information pass over your head because you dared not take the front row. Activate your curiosity and hear what is out there meant often just for your ears. 

 Take a front row seat at every opportunity.




Take Good Care Today.

1 comment:

  1. I always seem to take a front row seat, or close to front row seat, when I attend town meeting. Perhaps I do this so as to not miss a word that is said , but I also think I do it so I don't let others in attendance distract me too much from the business at hand. I am always surprised and delighted to see all the folks when I finally get up to adjourn for lunch or to get up to give my written ballad vote!

    ReplyDelete