Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Never Stop Trying


Never Stop Trying
Sometimes I want to. There are days I can't try at all and have to give in to whatever comes my way. There are days I can't control what I eat. There are days I can't control my emotions. I simply have lost all energy for trying and my give-a-damn has broken. Whatever comes my way consumes me and I consume it.

I don't like these days. I know it is not realistic to think we're never going to have a day like this. We do. It may not be an entire day, but portions of these days come along and then I am upset with myself and the ball begins rolling down the isle of self-judgment...and not the good kind. Once it begins in this direction—it becomes more difficult for me to realign myself and balance out again.

When this does happen to me, I have noticed there are a few steps I can take to restart myself on a good path. I can get up and take a shower which symbolically washes away the badness I've gotten myself into. I can down a bunch of water which has a cleansing effect on my body. I can get outside and burn off some energy and breathe in some freshness. So far today, I've done two of these three and now I'm lying in the sunshine writing this. I guess I should say sunshine helps and so does writing!

One thing to keep in mind when you are having a case of the grumpies is that you have nothing to really complain about. Look in the mirror. Do you have a horrible facial deformity? No. There are people who do. Is there a roof over your head? Yes. There are heads with no roofs. Speak peace to yourself and tell yourself that you have nothing to whine about. There's not a thing to be grumpy about. So, frankly, cut the crap.

Life's too lovely to be grumpy. Our days here are too short to give in to too much whining. Restart yourself as soon as you possibly can and don't let the grumpies get you. You control life. It doesn't control you.

Try again.


Take Good Care Today.

1 comment:

  1. When I'm grumpy its generally a physical affliction and your suggestions about washing the ickyies away is a good one. Lack of sleep or at least lack of deep sleep can be another cause of the grumpies. I was very grumpy yesterday, and today I am sick with a cold. So there, I was getting sick, another reason for the grumpies!

    ReplyDelete