Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, March 27, 2015

Breathe Fresh Air


My mother tells the story of her death. She was an infant. It was 1936 or 37. She was quite ill and apparently died. The doctor pronounced her dead. Her eldest brother came in the room and picked her up and brought her to an open window and held her in the cold, fresh air. She revived.

I am almost sure you know what my next words will be....FRESH AIR CAN REVIVE YOU, TOO. I know there are times when we need a miracle. My mother needed a miracle and she was given one both through her brother and the fresh air she breathed. I know we have science on our side if we recount the merits of fresh air, but it is even beyond scientific. It is spiritual. We need fresh air to fill our lungs, feed our cells and give life to our bodies and minds.


I believe we do go spiritually stale. We have busy lives and we attend to immediate needs of ourselves and our families. This often leads to neglect of our health and our minds. I heard a woman on a talk show yesterday speak these words when she was diagnosed with cancer, “I don't have time for this.” Isn't that true? The poor woman was so busy participating in life that she didn't have time to care for her own body. Don't let that happen to yourself, friend. Care for yourself each and every day so that you can reduce the prospect of cancer and other illnesses. I believe we can.


Breathing in fresh air...really breathing it...for a healthy length of time is essential to our lives. It is our sustenance. It is needed above all other needs. First and foremost....we need fresh air.


Step outside today and breathe. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth and do it a lot of times! Raise your little face to the sky and let the universe see you! Whatever is on your plate today....break it up...step outside...excuse yourself....and sneak a breath! Instead of a bathroom break, take a BREATHE break. A BB! Let fresh air fill you and heal you.



Take Good Care Today.

1 comment: