Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, March 24, 2015

You Are Your Safe Place


When it comes down to the nitty gritty, YOU are your safe place. You are your best friend, your own lover, mother, sister, child. YOU are all you have in this world – REALLY. There was a time...actually...most of my life...that this scared the heck out of me. I surely couldn't be enough for myself! How could I meet ALL of my own needs? I would be nothing without those whom I love! Although there are aspects of these statements that scare me and hurt me, they actually are pretty true.


I have spent most of my life depending on others to make me whole and this cannot happen. Gosh, I am pretty sure, after a lot of introspection, I got married at 19 in order to have what I thought was security. As it turns out: no one can give you security. I am not really sure if there is true security on this earth...other than the security of being your own safe place.

You and only you, I believe, (me and only me) can be there for yourself. You are safe with yourself. You can guide yourself, love yourself and meet your own needs like no other person can. You know yourself. You 'GET' yourself. You are safe with YOU. Trust You. Be there for YOU. Take CARE of YOU. Respect yourself enough to realize that you have made it this far on this planet and you are going to be okay. Fear need not factor in. Only sensible thoughts and caring gestures need happen for yourself and to yourself. You are safe in your own arms.


When you know this and can rest in this, you suddenly appreciate others more. You adore that another has chosen to spend his life with you. You are thrilled to be around family when you have no expectations from them. You meet your own inner needs and they are off the hook.


How you meet those needs is up to you. Whether you are safe inside your own head and heart or rely on God to help you, you find your own safety. But, it involves you and only you or you and God.

You know I am not saying that others are not there for you. You get that, right? They are and will be. You are loved and others will pick you up if you fall. However, when it comes down to your inner safety, growth, security and love: YOU ARE IT, BABE! Enjoy your own self. It's a safe place.


Take Good Care Today!

1 comment:

  1. Learning to love myself and trust in a power greater than myself has transformed my life. I believe than God (the light) is within each of us.

    ReplyDelete