Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Weight of the World

There are times when my heart just aches. I get into this zone where I can't bear the pains I see around me and I lose it. I apply all of the world's woes to my shoulders and buckle underneath the weight. Tears run down my face as I weep for one thing or another because I am sorrowful and heartbroken for someone else.

I am affected easily and by much. A student who is struggling due to a hard homelife will bring me to tears. The distraught friend who is losing her father breaks my heart. The anniversary of the death of the young brother of my good bosom buddy crushes me. I lose it over a family member who has anxiety, possible cancer diagnoses from another...


This on top of all that is happening in the world...beheadings, natural disasters, starvation, crime of all sorts. On and on the list goes and my heart churns and my head aches and I feel distressed and forlorn. It is almost impossible to see the light out of it all.

But, the light comes. I realize that in a way it is good that my heart is tender and I care so much. I am glad I was made this way. It is called compassion. I was served a heavy dose of it when my DNA was put together and I know it is my best and my worst quality. I also know I am not alone. You may be this way as well. Perhaps you are a person who carries the weights of the world on your shoulders like I do. If so, take heart.


If you do get yourself in these situations, I encourage to feel those feelings, do what they prompt you to do to help ease any of these issues, then close your eyes and breathe them away. With each breath blow these pains to the winds. Release them to snowflakes and sun-rays.

We cannot function under duress all the time. We are not equipped to change the course of events in the world by ourselves. But, we are designed to care and care deeply. Do so, but do not let it consume you, because it WILL consume you. I am sure even Mother Theresa had to take a break from it all once in awhile.

The world needs those of us who care so much. :)


Take Good Care Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment