Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, March 16, 2015

Take the Good From the Bad

Are you ever been embarrassed of yourself? Have you said something that came out wrong or was just not a good decision? I am guilty of this on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes it is nerves that makes me speak before I think, sometimes it is my exuberance for life. However it happens, one of two things can ensue. #1. I can beat the heck out of myself, worry for days, lose sleep....basically kick my own butt for a really long time. #2. I can acknowledge the fact that I said a booboo, tell myself to do better next time, and then forget it and move on.


#1. Happens a lot. I am sorry to say this. I kick my own butt for a ridiculously long time. I torture myself and create scenarios in my head. I convince myself that life as I know it is going to change for the worse. I can't be realistic and I worry, worry, worry.

What really is the sense of this worry? Will it change the fact that we've done something embarrassing? No, it will not. If this happens to you as it does me (and maybe it doesn't....but I have a feeling we're all more similar that not) please try to choose option #2. We are not perfect and our mouths do get ahead of us. It is the rare person who can always keep their mouth shut or not slip up with words. Of the thousands of words we say a day, surely some are going to come out slanted or cross-ways. We can't expect to never slip up. That is unrealistic.

I think what makes it hard is that we live in a society where everyone goes bazerk over everything! I mean people will sue someone over the slightest thing. I agree, we must be careful, but it would be nice if the world wasn't ready to jump on every misspoken word. We should try to look into a person's soul before we judge too quickly. People are basically good at heart and most often don't mean to infringe on another.

One of the Toltec Four Agreements is, “Be Impeccable With Your Word.” I try very hard to adhere to this, but I fail at times. When this happens....I try very hard to move over #1 and right into #2. I know I've screwed up and that my tongue has gone and done it again, but I try to immediately forgive myself. I am WAY too hard on myself. I know I am a loving and kind soul. I'll try better next time. I will think a little longer and harness those words next time. But will I ever get it right? No. I don't think so. I will, however, improve, and so will you.

Take Good Care Today.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would prefer that someone speak their mind, realize that they mis-spoke and acknowledge it and move on, than someone who is always afraid to speak their truth and not communicate what they are really thinking and feeling. I understand why someone might be very guarded with their words but I also find it frustrating not to know what that person really thinks.

    ReplyDelete