Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, March 9, 2015

Life Doesn't Fit in a Box


I've tried to make life fit in a box before. For years I tried to do this. I had expectations and by God I wanted those expectations met. Most of the expectations were on myself, but I also had certain things I expected from the world. I wanted every trouble solved, every argument smoothed over, each debt paid. I lived for 30+ years hoping and praying and striving to have absolutely no regrets in life. Guess what? Nada. Nope. Not happening.


Despite my every effort for perfection and to have every expectation magically met, this did not happen. I used to pray my heart out for life situations to heal over. I spent hours on my knees, literally- robustly in prayer for diverse issues. It is not that I feel that my efforts were in vain-I believe prayer and meditation are healthy and an integral part of a healthy spiritual life. However, I was trying to fit my life in box and that was not happening then and it is not happening now.


Life is messy. You will have regrets. You will mess up and make mistakes. Relationships will crumble despite your every effort to keep them healthy and strong. People will get sick and die. You will experience a job loss, an illness, a fire, something....You will come home to a mess, a dog puke, a fallen down Christmas tree, a door blown open in the middle of winter … (almost all have happened to me!)


If we remember that no one's life fits into a box it helps. No one gets an easy ride. It may seem so at times, but we simply don't know every aspect of another's life. If we keep in mind that the rains fall on each of us, we walk with a little more grace through the tough times. We are able to put into perspective those events that try to throw us off course. Expect life to be messy. You can't always clean it up. Often, even if you call the hazmat team...there will still be contamination. You can't help it. Live on, my friend.

Cut down the edges of the box and let life dribble over. This is truly living.




Take Good Care Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment