Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, March 19, 2015

Put Your Best Foot Forward


Not every day is going to be something you feel like participating in. I get that. Mine are the cold, windy, dark days of winter...and it isn't the whole day, it is going out in the morning darkness or coming home in the cold darkness. If I could be teleported from one inside building to the next, I 
would be happy. But, it can often take all that I have to put it together to face a miserable day.

What I prefer is to awaken with the warm breezes of summer and the birds chirping. I adore getting up on those days! I can't stand to stay in bed! I want to join forces with the earth's energies and melt into the day on those days. Mid-winter Monday a.m.....NADA. Those are the days that I find distasteful to enter into.

However, as a family member of mine often says, “Any day above ground is a good one.” With this in mind, we have no other option but to put our best foot forward to marry ourselves to the day before us.

Putting our best foot forward takes effort but is not unrewarded. What I do is to find some fabulous clothing to spend the day in. I bring some yummy food to munch and a delicious drink or two. I try to find joy in the little things that might make the day a bit better. I listen to music that makes my heart sing, and illuminate my atmosphere with comforting lighting. Basically, I am good to myself.  I offer myself the kindness and the comfort to help jump start myself into my day.

 The day will come into itself with much more ease if you put your best foot forward. People will look at you and wonder how you manage to be positive, amazing and smart-looking all while the rest of the world is suffering from NOT putting their best foot forward. Perhaps you will encourage another to make the choice to change it up. 

 Sometimes, putting your best foot forward requires a little “fake it till you make it!”


Hope you can put that best foot forward today. You will notice the difference!


Take Good Care Today!

1 comment:

  1. A useful suggestion for those of us who suffer from the cruel and fickle ides of March that bring us ungodly winds, feisty and frigid. Indoor blooms of Amaryllis and Orchid are what saves me at times like this!

    ReplyDelete