Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, March 13, 2015

You Are What You Think!

If you have lived your life being self-critical as much as I have...well, first of all, I am sorry. I have lived much of my life in that critical head-space and I just can't waste another moment in that place. If you are self-critical as well, please take a step back and rethink how you speak to yourself and the words you use. When it comes to myself, I could find fault in just about any situation at any moment. I've second-guessed myself more times than I could name. But, this is something I've learned to steer away from, and I'd encourage you to do so as well.

We are put on this earth to live full lives --to dream and dance and love and play. We are given bodies in which to travel. These bodies deteriorate over time. We try to make a difference. We attempt to change the world. We want to make strong connections. We'd like to think we bring some happiness and joy to mankind. But, really, other than that...there is little else. So, why, I ask you, do we spend one moment tearing anyone apart-- least of all our own selves?

I've been blessed in my lifetime to have received an enormous amount of compliments. I wish I had a dollar for every one! Do I remember those lovely comments others have taken the time to speak to me? No. Sadly, I remember very few. However, I DO remember negative things said to me. I keep those fresh in my memory and don't recall a single compliment! I am sure this is human nature, but wouldn't it be nice if it were the other way around? For me, I have to work at turning it 180 degrees.

Then there is my own inner voice. Here are some of the things I've said to myself: “ You're not as good as that person is. You are starting to get a chicken neck. Your hands look old. You are fat and jiggly. You aren't intellectual. You are selfish.” Aren't those just the sweetest words you've ever heard? NO! They are not.

It tends to be more difficult to tell yourself the kinder words: “You're just as good as anyone else in the world! You look so good for your age! You have very caring hands that are so talented. You are smart and full of knowledge. You give so much to the world.” Much better.

Whatever you seem to tell yourself, you see, does matter. You are what you think you are. It is your reality, your dream. If you think you are the most amazing woman on the planet, then for all intents and purposes, you simply are. Everything is relative my friend. BE that woman. BE the most AMAZING woman on the planet. BE the loveliest, most giving, kindest, sweetest, most gentle, caring, beautiful woman in the world. It is YOUR WORLD. You make it up.

Tell yourself who you want to be and POOF, magically you are she!


Take Good Care Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment