Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, March 20, 2015

Patience is a Virtue!





This being true, I must be the most virtuous person alive. If you need to work on your patience may I suggest teaching 12-14 year olds on a daily basis? This will either take you to the funny farm or create in you a calm patience that seeps deep into your being. Some of us are pushed into patience and some come to it naturally. Others, I am sure, never quite learn the art.

I wasn't always patient. In fact, I don't think I had a lot of patience at all for years. I would have patience for some things, but not for others. My mother is a VERY patient person. But, she is not type A personality like I am. Still, as I grow, I find more patience every day.

What are we really in a rush for anyway? The sun will come up tomorrow one way or another, so what is the difference? Life will go on whether we've fit every single event into our week that we had planned. The planets will remain in orbit if we're 5 minutes late to a meeting. Seasons will continue to change while we're waiting for someone to finish her sentence or meet our expectation. Really and true, we can't force much to happen, so why not settle back and practice patience.

As an inexperienced teacher, years ago, I once told a much older colleague that I was struggling with the students' behavior and getting upset every day. I still remember her response. “Why would you do that to yourself?” she said. Why, indeed? I didn't know why. Then and there I decided I had to go to my 'Zen' place and calm the heck down. I was a MUCH happier person and a more effective teacher. Very rarely do I get worked up over something these days. I just go with the flow. I'm happy to be alive and participate in other's lives. Life is good. Life has its own pace. I can't alter that.

Be patient, my friend. It is a better way to live!

Take Good Care Today!



1 comment: