Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Love Your Peeps


Each one of us is given some people to love. These are ours. We aren't apt to break away from our people. We share our lives with them. Hopefully, we enjoy being with them. I want to remind us to LOVE them. Keep your peeps in your heart at all times and in doing so, the love you feel will come back to you, nourish and fulfill you.

Loving each one of our people may not always be easy. It often takes a concerted effort and a thorough decision backed up with closed eyes and mouth. We don't control any other person so it can be hard loving another without feeling a judgment once in awhile. But, though we are called to love these folks, we are not to run their lives. This is for them alone. Oh, we may WANT to say a word or two, but truly, it is not for us.

Of course, there are times our advice is summoned and on those occasions we may offer it. Even then we must be careful not to be too forthright with our ideas because each must choose his own path. When I am asked for advice, of course I give it--(obviously, I am full of it!)--but I try to give it in a broad sense and I try to speak from my experiences only, which is really all we each can do. I try not to assume or project anything. These are not easy to do.

When someone asks for help with a problem, we often think they are feeling the issue exactly how we would feel the issue and this is not always true. It might be, we are all a lot alike...but it is not totally this way as we all walk our own walk and have lived through very different circumstances. But, out of love we help each other.

To love others means heartache but it also means full joy. We think of each other all the time. While shopping, playing, walking-they come to mind. A tiny stone makes me think of one friend. A little earring brings my niece to mind. The sight of a little piglet makes me laugh as it is a living symbol of a friendship that has lasted a life-time. My heart is filled when I keep my family and friends near. Yes, they drive me nuts sometimes, but I love them beyond any measure and what I receive from that love is a fulfillment that can be found no where else.

Love your peeps. Give them a call. Send a little note. Write an email. Message them. They love you, too. We need the love.

Take Good Care Today.


1 comment: