Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, March 26, 2015

Rise Above It


The world is suffering from a lack of joy. For some reason humans focus on the negative and do not stress the positive. The news, the talk around the water cooler...all are negative. It can be so hard to keep up your positivity when you are constantly exposed to negative vibes. Without realizing it, we can be pulled down into another's black hole of misery.


It takes a concerted effort to rise above negativity. One must put themselves out there as a fresh light to the world. As I write this, it is 5:50 on a Wednesday morning. It is cold outside and dark. Joy seems the farthest thing from my mind. I am still waking up, second cup of coffee...but still, not feeling overly joyful. However, I know soon it will be light, there is the promise of sunshine and warmer weather, and I can feel joy emerging in my heart. You must as well.


If it means pushing yourself into joy, then do it. Music helps, a good diet helps, sleep is a must! But more than that, you must dedicate yourself to finding your own joy and your happy heart. If you are struggling here are a few ideas that might help:


~Get out whatever religious text that you adhere to and read
~Move your body!
~Shower and put on something you feel beautiful in
~Plan out your day on paper....you special dinner, a walk in the sunshine
~Prepare for the weekend
~Write a love note
~Call your children or hug them if they still live with you~
~Call your mother and tell her you love her :) - or a friend
~Cuddle and kiss your dog
~Meditate
~Look in the mirror and tell yourself affirmations
~Begin a gratitude list


Joy can be made. A young girl told me yesterday that her life was ruined. I immediately tried to help her find her joy. We need to keep in mind that no thing and no one can ruin us. We survive much and emerge with joy...over and over. It is a practice. A way of life. It is inside us and exciting. We are in control and can change. If people once knew us as negative and downcast...they will relearn us as happy and positive.

They say the simple act of smiling can actually change your mood. Try it today!


Take Good Care Today!


No comments:

Post a Comment