Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, March 12, 2015

Horton Hears a... WHO?


Do you fear that you will leave this earth and no one will have ever really heard you? Just like the little WHOs who live in on the dust speck, we want to be heard! We Are Here, We Are Here, We Are Here!

You are here dear friend and if people are not hearing you, make yourself be heard. If you've stated your piece and feel unheard, state it again! If you feel that people take advantage of you and walk all over you, don't let it happen. Stand firm and BE HEARD!  Stand on the table!  Bounce off the walls...BE HEARD!

You are soooooo JUST as important as any one else and you deserve to have your voice heard. Do not be part of a relationship in which you suffer in silence. Your word is necessary and valid. You are strong and have your own thoughts and opinions. Stand straight up and be WHO you are...do not bend over backwards to please another....look them in the eyes and open up your vocal cords.

I lived for awhile squelching what I wanted to say to please another. I took the back seat and let them lead. I stayed quiet and did things in a meek way so as to keep the peace. I know what it's like to be pushed around and told my voice, my words, my wisdom, my offerings were not valid. I lived that life.

But, friend, you've got to know...it was wrong. It is not right to be treated this way. Don't let another take away your vociferocity! You go for it! Talk all you want! Talk about what you want! Say it! Call it by name! Give it a name! Change the name! It's your life. Live it, scream it, be heard!

Take Good Care Today!

1 comment: