Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Fear-Based Life vs. Joy-Based Life

Fear will crush you. Fear is debilitating. It is probably the MOST detrimental emotion there is. There may be times a healthy fear is good for you, like fear of going out in a lightening storm or fear of walking down a dark ally...but really – even then – you hold that fear for a moment and then make intelligent decisions past that fear.

There are fear-based people and joy-based people. There are times in your life you are fear- based and times when you grow through that and learn to find joy. We get hit with some issues, at different points, that wear us down and fear emerges. A lot of times we're born into fear and we know no other way. Whatever the cause, it is no way to live. We must find a path through living in fear and grab that victorious life of joy.

It isn't always easy. In fact, it just isn't easy at all. We learn to like our fear, it is our comfort, our 'way'. We have told ourselves stories for so long that those stories are what we know so well and we can't imagine a life beyond. Fear has 'worked' for us for years and we don't know how we'd do in other situations. We are afraid to let go of fear.

Listen, I hear you. I get it! I've been there. I was born into fear and it took literally YEARS of learning a new way to get out of it. I made it, though! I have lived in joy for a good many years and it is wonderful! We need to make new stories for ourselves. YES! Stories! Tell yourself something different! Challenge the way you've always thought! If you've told yourself you're useless for years, look in that mirror and start telling yourself how useful you are! If you've thought you were ugly for years, look at yourself again with new eyes and find that beauty! You are the stories you tell yourself. Break through fear and locate that joy center. You'll never want to go back. These are your choices in life. Yours alone.

“There is nothing to fear but fear itself.” FDR


Take Good Care Today.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite quotes is "I'll see it when I believe it".

    ReplyDelete