Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, March 4, 2015

EAT CLEAN!


Nourishment comes to a woman in many forms. My heart needs relationships to be nourished. My mind needs good literature, poetry, stimulating conversation, humorous banter, etc. – to get its fancy feast. My body, however, needs CLEAN FOOD. My friend, so does yours.

Clean eating is not a new way to it. It is a 21st century term for basic eating, really. It refers to an all natural-not processed eating plan that fully nourishes the human being. It does not have any elements that cause inflammation in the body, but fully feeds it naturally and healthfully.

Clean eating is really the only way one should consider to take in their nutrients. I am not on a soap box about this-just stating the facts. Real food is only one thing - and that is Real Food. Processed foods with additives and nastinesses in them will do for your body exactly what they promise....give you a body full of additives and nastiness.


You know I am right. You've read Dr. Oz, or Dr. Weil, or Dr. Ornish. You've leafed through Prevention Magazine or some other magazine devoted to giving you the correct information. You even know how you feel after you've taken your sustenance from a fast food restaurant or eaten fare from a truck that delivers frozen things to your door.


I want to encourage you today to get away from junk. Yes, you will have withdrawals. Yes, you'll crave a late night chip. But, this will only happen for a little while. You will soon crave a healthy smoothie, a bulgar burger, a plate full of veggies. Your body will purr and your mind will clear, I promise. I totally promise. You will add years to your life. Do it. Eat Clean.

Here's my morning smoothie recipe:

1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 T chia seeds
1 scoop whey protein powder
1 T Stevia (good for you sweetener)
1 T almond butter
3 ice cubes
2 cups of water


Let me know if you like it! I perfected it and drink it almost every day for breakfast!

Take Good Care Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment