Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, May 29, 2023

When You're Hurt

 

                                                            

                                                              When You're Hurt

Recently, I suffered an injury by my own hand.  What I mean is that I caused myself to be injured by over-exercising a particular muscle that was already hurting and I've had to rest for a few weeks now with no exercise at all.  This is so hard for me to do, and it's not the first time I've done this.  I should know better, but I don't.  I am a driven person when it comes to some things and I can't listen to the voice of reason.  Thus, I am hurt.  

I don't like being hurt.  It throws me off.  I don't know where I am anymore when I am stuck on the couch with an injury.  I mean, I know where I am - I just don't know where I am.  Pain causes us to see the world in a different way, it colors all that we know and trust.  It makes us shaky and weird.  I don't like it.  I can't seem to eat right, my joy is gone and I feel impatient and worried.  You would think I would learn not to cause myself pain, but I can't always get to the 'perfect' Jane I so want to be.

Similarly, we can cause ourselves pain by beating ourselves up.  I am quite familiar with this little gig.  Something happened in my life where I let myself and some others down.  I didn't do it intentionally, and I was not solely responsible for this event, but nonetheless, it is a position I find myself in.  I find I am hurt, once again.  My heart hurts-and unlike the physical pain I am going through, ice doesn't help this one.  The remedy for this pain is going to have to be time and my own forgiveness to myself.  I have to move on having learned a lesson and not allow myself the luxury of wallowing or pitying.  

To add insult to injury, someone I know recently came to me and told me they were sorry for talking bad about me behind my back.  While this might have been beneficial to the person, it HURT me so much.  I have to find a way to hold up my own worth and move to a higher ground.  

Life is full of moments that will cause us pain, both physically and emotionally.  We must work to see through all of these by being kind to ourselves and trusting in our God who loves us and cares about every little thing.  Jesus is not for fun days only.  I need Jesus every minute of every day.  My hurt belongs to Him and it's the only way I can make it another day.  The same is true for all of us whether we know it or not.  

Grow through hurt.  

Make it a good day.  :)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment