Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, June 5, 2023

A Chance to Breathe



A Chance to Breathe

We live in a world where we don't take the chance often enough to just breathe.  Even our vacations are filled with craziness! If you're like me, it takes a few days, anyway, to get into the flow of what it is like to relax.  Our bodies are not familiar with relaxation and letting go of structure and the constant need to be filled with something in front of our eyes and ears.  

I've often written of my perfect day.  Yes, it is a day free of obligations and errands.  It has writing and reading and running in it.  A fresh shower with some rosy smelling soap, a little sit in the sunshine...some baking (and nibbling).  It would include quiet and green, lush, leaves from trees.  As I list my favorite things, I realize these feed me.  They cause me to have a chance to breathe.  I breathe in restful calmness.  I breathe in restoration.  I experience a replenishing of soul-deep connection to who I am and always was- but lost in the world's chaos. 

We all need this.  Men and women alike.  Sometimes we go and go and never stop.  When I was raising my children, we had one pj day a week if we possibly could.  It was something we loved.  We climbed onto the bed and watched movies, read books, and played board games.  We made snacks and cuddled.  I can't have that back, but I can learn to adjust and do these things for and by myself.  They are the essence of life.  

Without the moments that fill our souls, we become shells of who we could and should be.  We become a shadow self-the black and white version of who we were meant to be, what we work so hard for and thus, what we have left for the world is shallow and weak.  You cannot stop this from always happening.  Some of the time - we get there because it's required of us to go fast.  Often, though, we have room to exercise restraint on what we allow the world to steal from us.  This, we must do, friend.  We must protect our hearts from the invasion of 'it' all.  

Stay close to God.

Take good care today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment