Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Don't Lose Your Taste for Authenticity (for Kathy and Leann)

 

Don't Lose Your Taste for Authenticity

(A blog post for Kathy and Leann - because they know what I'm talking about)



I made plain, old fashioned muffins recently.  I used to make these muffins years and years ago.  They are a plain muffin with a scoop of jam placed in the middle and then baked.  There is nothing overly sweet about them.  They are not beautiful looking and they are not fancy by any stretch.  Somehow, however, they are perfect on this day.  They taste authentic.  

What does authentic taste like to me today?  Well, it tastes of raising children in the back woods of Vermont on less money than anyone could ever imagine.  It tastes of using my resources because that is all I had.  It tastes of climbing hills to apple trees to render what we could so we could put up free applesauce for winter babies' mouths.  This muffin represents a woman who made the family bread weekly and created home-made decorations out of construction paper when birthdays arose.  Authenticity is reusing and repurposing anything and everything so that something new could be made.  It is styling second-hand clothes in such a way that everyone thinks you're a fashion model.  It is daring and pure and necessary and wonderful.  

This simple muffin is my life.  One that I would not change any aspect of because I am in need of all it has brought and taught me.  I would not be my authentic self if I did not cry when spoken to harshly.  I would not be my true self if I did not attempt to twirl on any given surface when I am happy.  I couldn't be me without my childhood trauma, my red headed children, my dearest two friends that have held me up so many days, my husband who is my breath and even this silly dog who pants beside me as I type.  I am true authenticity even if it means I own false eye lashes and fake tanner.  I am the authentic Jane who can't see this writing through the tears, who celebrates little things like worms and throws Christmas Bingo parties for 2 during the holidays for a less than thrilled husband.

Where does your authenticity lie?  I would love to know!  

Take Good Care today.  Stay Close to God.  



2 comments:

  1. I’m crying! You speak my heart! You bring me to those things that make me, me! I love your wonderful, authentic self!!! Let’s get old being our authentic selves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said. Our history is what makes us, us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete