Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Saturday, January 1, 2022

Who is Your Person?








Who is Your PERSON?




Who's Your Person?

In just a few days my husband will have knee replacement surgery.  Interestingly, just after his hip replacement in the middle of Covid shut-down in the spring of 2020, his knee on the same leg began to cause him extreme pain.  Of course, this is all no surprise to the doctors and falls within the normal expectations.  He's worked his body very hard providing for his family and his body needs some help, so here we go again.

As I ponder the short-term future, so many things come to mind.  I consider his recovery and pray all will go well.  In the middle of the night, when my mind's guard is down, I fear the worst.  I know that however much time I commit to worry over this it will change 0% of the outcome.  No matter where my thoughts travel, one thing always resurfaces:  HE is my person.  

Don't get me wrong.  I have terrific friends.  Leann and Kathy would never abandon me and have dropped their own lives on several occasions to be at my side.  I have a loving family - a lovely mom and step-dad and wonderful sister.  I am close to my own children and adore all that is them.  But, and it's a huge but, no one in that list can be 'my person'.  They all have to have their own persons just like I have to have mine.  

My person is not perfect.  He does not do things 'my way' or always think what I think.  But, my person knows me.  He can get me out of a bad mood when I'm down.  He prays with me when I'm in need.  He surprises me with his wit and intellect.  He cares for me in a way no one ever has.  HE Is My Person.  

I've lived along enough to know that the world is a better place when we open our hearts to another in a way makes us vulnerable and exposed.  It is worth the risk.  We do get hurt.  This person is not my first person.  My first person let me down in a way that hurt for a long time.  However, even knowing that, I still opened myself up to a new person.  I am an awesome person and fun to be around, but I am not everything to me.  I want to have someone to hold my hand and give me his shoulder to rest upon.  I want the joys and sorrows of life to be co-anchored.  I don't want to face everything, or anything, alone.  I am willing to compromise, labor and sacrifice so that another person wants to hang with me in this life.

I know not everyone needs or wants to have someone who is just hers or his.  I mean, I can't really fathom that, but I'll acknowledge it's a thing.  However, I need my person, this person. The old BREAD song says it best: 

"If the world should stop revolving spinning slowly down to die,
I'd spend the end with you.
And when the world was through,
Then one by one the stars would all go out,
Then you and I would simply fly away" (David Gates)

Take Good Care Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment