Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, May 21, 2015

Create Deep Relationships

Life is meant to be felt deeply.  We are made to feel strongly and to connect to each other in a way that binds us together.  Sometimes we have family to whom we are very, very close.  But not always, many people feel they are closer to certain friends than to family members.  Wherever you are and whoever you find yourself close to, be sure you make some of those connections strong.

My husband has always said one should not have friends at one's workplace.  He has worked for the same company for 20 years and he has held pretty close to this.  He does have a couple people he has bonded with but would rather remain distant from others because he doesn't feel work should be combined with personal.  

I, however, throw it all out there and gather closeness where I can.  I don't much care where it comes from.  Let me clarify.  I don't mean I'll take any kind of closeness.  I mean, it matters not to me from whence it hails.  We can't force closeness so when I make a connection with someone I am thrilled and try to nurture that.  Sometimes I especially need it at work!  But, that said, I see my husband's point because I have been burned at work.  ALWAYS  know who you can trust.  

When it comes to family, sometimes you try very hard and can't make connections that are deep with certain people.  I have more than a few family members that ought to be very close to my heart and they just don't make it there.  Why?  Well, sometimes because they pull away and other times I don't allow them in.  Not everyone is a fit.  Even when we encourage a fit, we don't meld together.  

Find those who fit for you and love those relationships wholly.  Nurture the bonds and create the memories together.  Life is WAY too short to not be close to one another.

Take Good Care Today.


1 comment:

  1. There is a saying or quote that that I like that has relevance for me. It goes "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life".

    ReplyDelete