Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Go Where the Love Is

There are going to be people who don't know how to find their way to the love side of life.  There are going to be people in your family, people with whom you work...somehow, somewhere, sometime, you are going to have to be around these people.  This has always been an oddity to me.  These folks seem to mire in their own misery.  Day after day they are downcast.  Month after month they spread their down-turned faces to the world dragging those around them into their despair.  

I can't do it.  I can't tolerate it.  I won't go there.  I refuse to be dragged down.  This makes me the outcast in their group, quite often.  But, let that be so.  I have a down day now and again, but I refuse to remain in that place.  I want to receive the goodness of the world and I want so desperately to shower that goodness wherever I go.  I cannot and could not face the world each day with the glum of the folks that do.

I know we each have our struggles and I am sure this is the struggle of the downtrodden person.  They don't want to be this way.  It takes a lot of inner work to rise up out of it.  One needs to work on their self-esteem, confidence, ability to relate to others.  All of these are deep rooted and are some of the reasons people remain in their misery.  But, I don't have to be pulled in.  I won't be.

Funny thing is, there is usually more than one person who suffers this way.  They gather together and feed off each other.  They build strong bonds where their harsh view of the world is tolerated and where others, the positive ones, just don't fit in.  Let them have each other.  They are free for the taking because I choose to go where the love is.

Go with me.

Take Good Care Today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment