Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, May 14, 2015

When All Else Fails

When all else fails, dig down deep and pull yourself up and into life.  You can do it.  You have no other choice that is for your benefit.  It won't be the last time you do so.  It is a good talent to hone.  We sometimes get tired and overwhelmed.  We are overbooked, over committed and over the top!  We have too much to do and too little time to accomplish what needs to be done.  When faced with this, if you can't alter what you are involved with or your commitment to these - this is when you jump in and don't look back.

When life begins to spin too fast for me and all I can do is dig in my heels, clench my fists and hang on for dear life, I try put myself on auto pilot.  I make ridiculously over-detailed lists for myself, often even referring to when to eat.  I stick close to the list so I don't forget a single item and I ride the wave of life until the ocean settles down.  I always keep in mind that it will settle down.

I've been here before.  It's a fast moving comet and I'm on the tail.  I fly high and spin fast and the propellant motion keeps me alight.  It is not something that can be sustained for long, but I find that if I am over planned and completely organized, I will prevail and all will settle down when it does.  

Others are so careful and easily float through these times without planning or an organized manner.  I don't know how they do it and I am a bit jealous that they can.  Often things roll along so smoothly for these folks and one would never know that they didn't put the same amount of stress and angst into getting through the same exact situations you are going through.  To each his own and I am glad for them, but I can't roll that way!

When the dust settles we all find ourselves at the same point anyway.  We just arrive at different times and by alternative routes.  It can be a rough ride, but whatever works for you...works for you.  Ride the waves of life and hang on!

Take Good Care Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment