Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, May 8, 2015

Know What You Know

How many times have you felt that little twinge in your center that tries to tell you to stick with what you know?  Advice comes from all over. However, though much of the words we receive from others is well intentioned, it does not always apply to us.  We often seek wisdom from others and go down paths that we truly believe, for a time, will be our new salvation.  However, many times in our lives, our answers laid within us, waiting to be uncovered.

We can't always be objective when it comes to our own hearts and minds.  We think we should be something we're not.  We think our ways aren't valid.  Others insert their words of wisdom into our lives without our asking.  We are pulled in various directions.  We over-think.  We create angst.  We suffer.  We consider other's ways to tedium.  Then, somehow, mysteriously, we settle into what we knew all along.

We are wise within ourselves if we just stop and listen to our hearts.  We know what we know already.  We've spent our own lifetimes working through how to be specifically, 'us'.  We're quite good at it.  We can trust our own intuitions.  We're women.  This isn't the first time we've pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps   We know what we know.

I would encourage you today to think about what you know.  In the education world this is called, metacognition.  Thinking about your own thinking.  We so quickly seek advice but truly we know what we need to do if we go to that quiet place within ourselves.  There lies the subtle reassurance and directive voice that will guide us down paths that are healthy for us individually.  Take peace in that.  Pull from within yourself and trust that you know what you know.

Take Good Care Today.

1 comment: