Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Moderation


If there is anything that has gotten me into trouble in my lifetime, it is not practicing moderation. I'm an extreme person.  I have over-eaten, over-exercised, over-worked, over-stressed...you name it, I can go over-board.

I have had to learn to be moderate.  It isn't always easy.  If I lessen my work load, I feel guilty just relaxing.  If I over-exercise, I am either too sore to move or I get addicted to that high and it consumes my life pushing all other needs to the edges and making them take a back seat.  If I overeat I am sick and over my goal weight.  If I overwork, I am extremely tired and rundown.  We all know what over-stressing is like...miserable. I am even addicted to education! 

I missed the Moderation Boat when I was forming my character.  I just did.  It totally left the dock without me on it and I have striven my entire life to find moderation and apply it to the excessive areas of my personality.  I have conquered quite a few on my list.  It is hard work.

It is good to look at ourselves and practice calming down in some areas.  Just being moderate has kept many people sane.  Moderate people are enjoying life more than we excessive folks are.  They don't get all crazy about things.  They breathe!  It is a good idea to breathe!  

Perhaps if we try to notice the next time we are going nuts, we stop in the middle and suggest to ourselves a more even or calm way to complete that which we are working.   Whether it is inner or outer work, we can relax a little.  Rome wasn't built in a day.

Take Good Care Today.



1 comment:

  1. I was raised as a Quaker. One of the main philosophies of this religion is "everything in moderation". And still most of my family members modeled extreme behaviors and as a young person this was quite confusing and contradictory. Finally in my mid-life I was able to practice moderation in many ways and am grateful that I am able to incorporate it into my life. Moderation is not boring! It keeps us sane and at peace with the world.

    ReplyDelete